BEEHIVE service – summary
Our system is aimed at ensuring legal compliance and compliance to ISO standards. Our approach is rigorous and designed such that it first identifies major gaps or weaknesses in an organisation’s management systems.
- Our standard method starts once we are appointed as OH&S service provider via a contract. To enable us to cover our initial costs and documentation, and to ensure that we are fully prepared to deliver an ongoing service to you, this is a one-year contract which can be renewed annually.
- We then enter the auditing and consultation phase. Our full audit covers all aspects of the Occupational Health and Safety Act No. 85 of 1993 and other relevant regulations.
- After the assessment and consultation of existing major gaps, we guide and assist clients to install and implement the necessary fixes and keep current systems up to date.
- We work with a nominated staff member to ensure continuation and facilitate scheduling and other arrangements.
- We offer solutions as follows: a cloud SHEQ management system and a digital desktop version.
Vigilance to ensure occupational health and safety compliance is as an ongoing process. For instance, the installation of new heating or cooling systems, pipes, wiring, extensions and renovations could have unintended consequences for health and safety – especially where third-party service providers are involved in such work. Therefore, we assist our clients to remain compliant under all circumstances and on an ongoing basis.
- Relevant workplace training information is included in our comprehensive documentation.
- As an ongoing service, we visit our clients, on an agreed and scheduled call cycle, to assess progress and further assist with any remaining issues.
- An in-depth legal compliance audit is performed annually.
- Inspections/mini audits for sections of client systems are done from time to time – based among others on findings of the initial assessment of the system or the annual audit.
- Ongoing support is provided via e-mail requests.
Fees (some negotiated, as per individual requirements)
- Consultation fees for ISO implementation and maintenance
- Safety file
- Licences for SHEQ software
- Training on SHEQ system
- Agreed and scheduled visits - retainer
- Additional visits (on your request) or out-of-cycle visits: R500 (excluding VAT) per hour plus expenses
- Incident investigation: R500 (excluding VAT) per hour plus expenses
* All our fees for our first visits and ongoing service include costs/expenses; visits are conducted according to pre-planned call cycle schedules.
Supplies and other items
In addition to our core service, we are also qualified and ready to provide and/or facilitate the following:
- Safety risk assessments
- First-aid kits and refills
- Safety signage
- Statutory wall charts, OHS Act and Regulations book
- Safety training: HIRA, First Aid, Fire, Safety representative